With the breaking news released on the first day of China Joy 2019, we announced a long-term strategic partnership between NetEase, SEGA, and Creative Assembly, to bring the Total War franchise to China. Of course, this got a lot of attention – but we’ve also seen the questions Total War players have had since the announcement, and so we wanted to take some time to answer some of your questions.
NetEase and Creative Assembly have been working closely for over a year on Total War: THREE KINGDOMS before the announcement. As a partner, NetEase provides a lot of deep localization support for Total War: THREE KINGDOMS, regarding in-game text, voice-over and gaming experiences. The authentic text in Total War: THREE KINGDOMS has been highly praised by Chinese Total War players!
The NetEase team also provide background research and ideas for the gameplay. NetEase will continue to work with Creative Assembly to provide the most authentic and most original Total War that we can make together, and bring the epic Total War franchise to more Chinese players.
- 1 Q&A
- 1.1 SO WHAT ARE NETEASE PROVIDING FOR CHINESE PLAYERS?
- 1.2 IF I ALREADY BOUGHT TOTAL WAR: THREE KINGDOMS AND OTHER GAMES ON OVERSEAS PLATFORMS, WILL I NOW BE UNABLE TO PLAY?
- 1.3 WILL NETEASE CHANGE THE GAMEPLAY AND ADD MICROTRANSACTIONS?
- 1.4 WHY IS TOTAL WAR: ELYSIUM A CCG? IS IT A SPECIAL OFFER FOR CHINESE PLAYERS?
- 1.5 WILL THIS COOPERATION AFFECT THE FUTURE ROAD MAP OF TOTAL WAR?
SO WHAT ARE NETEASE PROVIDING FOR CHINESE PLAYERS?
NetEase, as a strategic partner of Creative Assembly, will bring the following value to Chinese players:
- As a publisher in China, they will officially release the Chinese localized “Total War” historical back catalogues in China.
- Providing professional and delicate Chinese localization support for the future Total War titles.
- Committed to building and supporting the Total War Chinese player community.
- Providing more effective feedback channels between Chinese audiences and Creative Assembly.
IF I ALREADY BOUGHT TOTAL WAR: THREE KINGDOMS AND OTHER GAMES ON OVERSEAS PLATFORMS, WILL I NOW BE UNABLE TO PLAY?
We promise that Steam users will not be affected in any way, and all Total War products can be purchased/downloaded/experienced as usual.
WILL NETEASE CHANGE THE GAMEPLAY AND ADD MICROTRANSACTIONS?
Creative Assembly have full control of the game development. NetEase will respect the game quality and maintain the same gameplay and purchasable content as the international version.
WHY IS TOTAL WAR: ELYSIUM A CCG? IS IT A SPECIAL OFFER FOR CHINESE PLAYERS?
Total War: ELYSIUM has been developed for over a year by Creative Assembly, and it’s a multiplayer strategy game based on Total War background. China has a lot of top CCG players, and we hope to bring this new title to Chinese players first. In the future, it will also be brought to players around the world.
WILL THIS COOPERATION AFFECT THE FUTURE ROAD MAP OF TOTAL WAR?
Creative Assembly and Total War series will follow the worldwide synchronized development plan and continue to develop new series of standalone titles. NetEase will continue to provide localization support. This hasn’t changed the Total War road map. It just means that more people around the world will be able to play more Total War games. That’s a good thing for Total War players.